Sunday, July 21, 2013

21 July 2013
Sunday

I haven't written in a while. It shows. Not only here on this blog listing, but also here from behind these eyes where I live. The only way I can type is with my computer on my chest ('cause I spend so much time in bed on my back) to type this way for too long is hard on my wrists. I used to dictate most of my writing as I did with my dissertation, but the other day when I pulled out the headset the computer wouldn't recognize any sounds from the microphone, probably a short, the headphone is of such high quality. It has dropped out sometimes in the past, but often a wiggle would put it back into play. Not last time. So I ordered a bluetooth type headset from Amazon.com. It's due here by Wednesday or Thursday. It's hard being effectively silent, I realize that there is not much that I can do. Not being able to write seems like a basic right is taken from me, Oh wait... it is. I'm so used to living the institutional live that it seemed just like the other things I have learned to do without. I still have a voice, I could scream to the heavens … what? Wait! That would mean that I have completely gone over, nope better to be silent, observe and be patient.

Till Wednesday, or Thursday ...

Dusk on the Waterfront, time to be still

While waiting, contemplate these two photos I found on the Internet
see the face in the door above? 

No comments:

Post a Comment